
Two 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Two 4.5-ounce cans chopped roasted green chiles
One 14.5-ounce can Mexican stewed tomatoes with green chiles
One 14.5 can diced tomatoes, with their juice
One 11-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
4 green onions (white part and 2 inches in the green), sliced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder, to your taste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
For Serving:
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours (I've cooked this longer and its been fine). Add some boiling water to thin, if desired. Ladle into individual bowls and serve hot with a sprinkling of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
I have served this with quesadillas or cornbread. I have also added cooked shredded chicken.
Recipe from the cookbook "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook"
No comments:
Post a Comment