Prep: 10 minutes
Cook:16 minutes
Chill :2 hours
Makes: about 2 lbs (64 pieces)
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used only about a cup)
1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
2 cups tiny marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips ( I use dark chocolate)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (gross..I omit these b/c I hate nuts in food)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line a 8x8x2-inch baking pan w/ foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
2. Butter the sides of a 2-quart heavy saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking, stirring constantly, for about 6 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Add remaining ingredients ans stir until melted and well-combined. Beat by hand for about 1 minute. Spread fudge evenly in prepared pan. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours. Use foil to lift out of the pan. Cut fudge into squares.
Store fudge in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
I bought lots of extra things to mix in. I got butterscotch, semi-sweet, and dark choc. chips to sprinkle on top before it hardens. Today, I'm going to try a few new things too...not sure what yet.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment